Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hamlet Soliloquy 1.2

Oh how I wish my flesh would melt off my body, or that God had not made sin of suicide. Oh God, how pointless and meaningless this life has become to me! It is like a garden that has not been weeded and has gone to waste, possessed by things rank in nature. My father, not even two months has been dead, such an excellent king, so loving to my mother that he prevented the wind from touching her face to rough. Must I remember? How she would hang on him, the more she was with him the more her need for him grew. But still, within only a month, not long enough for her funeral shoes to break in, she married my uncle. A beast would have mourned his death longer! My father’s brother, no more alike are they than I am to Hercules. Within a month, as soon as her tears dried she remarried. So soon she was to move to the sheets of someone so close, it is not good, nor will good ever come from this. But I cannot speak of this anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment